Remember the Drive-In?!
Now with Big Adventure's Outdoor Cinema feature you can have one in your own back yard!
Making memories; There is something really unique about enjoying a favorite movie with a group of your closest friends & family in your own surroundings.
When the sun goes down, the magic begins! As the projector illuminates the screen in the darkness, every one cozies up for an enchanted evening under the stars. This is an adventure no one will ever forget!
FLASHBACK: Richard Hollingshead opened the first drive-in on June 6, 1933. It offered 400 slots and a 40 by 50 ft screen. He advertised his drive-in theater with the slogan, "The whole family is welcome, regardless of how noisy the children are." (Wikipedia)
In the eighties, I was the kid hauling my parents' TV outside and plugging in a VHS tape player so my friends and I could watch movies outside.
TODAY: Now with BIG screens (8 to 18 feet), Mackie Pro sound system, HD projectors, DVD & Bluray players.
You provide the movie and electricity - We'll supply the equipment for the perfect outdoor movie night experience in your backyard, field or parking lot.
We then deliver, set-up and oversee all technical elements of your movie event.
You get to sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
Big Adventure Cinema Screen (the "Go big or go home" screen) Chances are you'll be at your home for this so it's a Win-Win!
- Screen Size: 16' W x 9' H - Wide screen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Diagonal Viewing: 18'
- Audience Size: A rough planning guide for your viewing audience - Sitting on the Grass: 200-300 people. If everyone had Chairs: 400 people, and if people wanted to Stand (no reason to, but if they did): 600 plus.
- Rate: Three hour rate is $695. This includes our HD projector, media player and our Mackie Sound System. See our other options for the evening below.
And no, as flattering as the photo is, that's not me in the picture. However it is a correct representation of the size of the screen.
Adventure Movie Screen
- Screen Size: 126" W x 71" H - Wide screen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Diagonal Viewing: 12'
- Audience Size: As a rough planning guide for your viewing audience - Sitting on the Grass: 40-60 people. If everyone had Chairs: 40-90 people and if people wanted to Stand: 200-ish.
- Rate: NEW Three hour rate is $459 until May 31st. This, of course, includes our HD projector, media player and our Mackie Sound System. See our other options for the evening below.
The Double Feature Special: $595 for five hours. Included is an hour of music of your choice prior to your screening as well as intermission music between your feature presentations ($25 value). Great for a large screen video game party too!
A deposit of 50% including options and a signed contract is required for the selected package to get your movie night in motion.
Children's Mickey Movie Screen
- Screen Size: 6' x 5'
- Diagonal Viewing: 8'
- Audience Size: Grass: 20-30 / Chairs: 30-40 / Standing: 80
- Rate: This screen starts with three hours of time at $350. Each additional half hour is $20. This includes the HD projector, media player and our Mackie Sound System. Other options are below.
Don't forget the popcorn! A theater style popcorn machine and serving bags is just the thing to bump up the outdoor cinema experience.
Backyard Movies with Fresh Organic Popcorn Add: $100
Up to 40 guests - $FREE Up to 75 guests - +$40 Up to 100 guests - +$75 Up to 200 guests - +$125
The best deal on freshly popped popcorn ever!
Pre-movie music. An hour of music of your choosing prior to the start of your film with intermission music too - $25
Intermission Music. 20 -30 minutes of fill music when you do a double feature - this is included in the "Pre-movie music" option if it is selected for your movie night.
Movie Trivia. Customized movie trivia for your movie night running prior to your movie - $40
Showtime! About 20 minutes after sunset is a good time to start the first feature. That date and time is here.
Some other ideas...
Movies in the Park, Pool Parties, Music Videos, Video Game Party (Your console and games of choice), Church Events, Fundraising Ideas, Neighborhood Block Party, Kids Parties, ETC....
As an avid fan of drive-ins, I am proud to mention that near Portland there is a drive-in theater in Newberg, OR (www.99w.com) located at Hwy 99W, W of Springbrook Rd, and I encourage you to attend sometime. Get there early though because it fills up fast.